Before gambling for real money in the casino, it makes sense to learn how to play casino games and to thoroughly understand the rules and optimal strategies to employ in specific situations when you gamble.
The top 10 gambling games found in land-based casinos worldwide are:
- Blackjack: Players try to get a hand value as close to 21 as possible without exceeding it, and beat the dealer’s hand to win. It is popular because the game is simple and learn basic strategy is simple. The game offers good odds for the savvy player.
- Slots: Players insert coins or credits into a slot machine and spin the reels to try and line up winning combinations of symbols. It is popular because it is easy to play and offers the potential for big payouts and life-changing jackpots.
- Roulette: Players bet on where a ball will land on a spinning wheel with numbered pockets- with different bets offering different odds and payouts. It is popular because it is easy to play and offers a wide range of betting options.
- Baccarat: Players bet on whether the player or the banker will have a hand value closest to 9. The game has a reputation for sophistication and offers relatively good odds for the player.
- Craps: Players bet on the outcome of rolling two dice, with different bets offering different odds and payouts. Casino players love craps because it is a fast-paced game with a social aspect and offers a wide range of betting options.
- Video Poker: Players try to make the best five-card poker hand possible by drawing new cards to replace the ones they discard. It is popular because it combines the skill of poker with the simplicity of slots. Some games pay almost 100% RTP.
- Pai Gow Poker: Players try to make two poker hands out of seven cards, with the goal of beating the dealer’s two hands. It is popular because it offers the opportunity for strategic play.
- Three Card Poker: Players bet on whether their three-card hand will beat the dealer’s three-card hand. 3-Card poker is easy to learn and offers a range of betting options.
- Caribbean Stud Poker: Players bet on whether their five-card poker hand will beat the dealer’s five-card poker hand. The game offers the potential for big payouts.
- Let It Ride Poker: Players try to make the best five-card poker hand possible by combining their own three cards with two community cards. It is popular because it offers the opportunity for strategic play.
- Keno: Keno is a game with many similarities to a lottery. This real-money gambling game dates back to China at least 2,000 years ago.
- Poker Hand Rankings: Learn which hands rank the highest in popular poker games like Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha and Short-Deck Texas Hold’em – so that you understand which hands represent “the nuts” on specific board-textures.
Online casino innovations over the last decade include live dealer casino, progressive jackpot slots and “crash” style casino games.