Casino games with progressive-Jackpots offer casino players the chance to play for million dollar jackpots, as well as more modest jackpots which swell to astronomical amounts as players worldwide seek their fortunes, playing progressive games and contributing to jackpot prize-pool(s).
In simple terms, a progressive casino jackpot is a payout from a casino to a customer from a prize-pool or pot which begins at a base figure (the “seed” amount) and which increases in size via contributions from a percentage of all bets placed on the game, or family of games.
The Progressive jackpot usually triggers randomly – awarding a large, and often life-changing payout to one lucky player before resetting the new starting jackpot amount to the starting (seed) amount.
The popular Mega Moolah progressive jackpot slot seeds at not one cent less than €/£2,000,000 after the jackpot is hit – so players know that if they hit the big jackpot days or hours after someone else – there’s enough money in the Jackpot prize-pool to make the win EPIC!
Microgaming Progressive Jackpots
Online casino games powerhouse Microgaming is a casino games studio which delivers a growing selection of epic jackpot and progressive jackpot game titles to many of the top casinos so that casino players worldwide can enjoy Microgaming titles and exclusive games, including the record breaking and iconic Mega Moolah progressive slot.
Microgaming’s progressive jackpot network has awarded over €1.3 billion since it began, and includes the biggest, most popular jackpot games in iGaming!
There are a number of different Mega Moolah games you can play, all of which are “connected”, to grow the progressive jackpot prize, which gives casino lovers a chance to win life-changing sums of money. Fun is GUARANTEED.
Mega Moolah offers one of the biggest casino jackpots online. The largest winner on the game took home £18,915,872 in September 2018.
Mega Moolah Games
- Mega Moolah
- Atlantean Treasures – Mega Moolah
- Absolootly Mad- Mega Moolah
- Fortunium Gold – Mega Moolah
- Juicy Joker – Mega Moolah
WowPot is a new family of progressive jackpot games from Microgaming – available at most microgaming casinos. The game has a huge starting amount (“seed”) of €2 million. The largest win across the family of WowPot games since launch was a huge €1,122,062 win by a lucky casino player on the game “Sisters of Oz” – quite recently, in March 2021.
- Wheel of Wishes – WowPot
- Book of Atem – WowPot
- Sisters of Oz – WowPot
- African Legends – WowPot
- Sherlock & Moriarty – WowPot (March 2021)
Microgaming Progressive Jackpot Games – Big Wins
|Microgaming Jackpot Game
|Mega Moolah Isis
NetEnt Progressive Jackpots – Big Wins
NetEnt Progressive Jackpot Games
|NetEnt Jackpot Game
|Hall of Gods
|Mega Fortune Dreams
Playtech Progressive Jackpots
Playtech Progressive Jackpot Games – Big Wins
|Playtech Jackpot Game
|Age of the Gods
|Monty Python’s Spamalot
Progressive Jackpots – Frequently Asked Questions
On regular slot machines the jackpot is a fixed, known amount. In progressive jackpot slots the available jackpot prize-pool increases as players bet credits or coins on spins of the reels. A small percentage of each credit played is used to “feed” the progressive jackpot.
There are three kinds of progressive jackpot slots:
- Standalone Progressive Jackpot Slots: A standalone progressive slot game or machine shows the jackpot amount, with only credits spent on that specific machine contributing towards increases in the jackpot. Originally this was the only kind of jackpot slots game to be found, however eventually linked machines became popular, with spins on the linked machines contributing to the collective jackpot. Because so many standalone jackpot slots machines were manufactured – these games are still plentiful in casinos worldwide and in Las-Vegas. Usually the jackpot on the games is less than $10,000.
- Local Progressives: Local progressives jackpot machines were the next step in the evolution of progressive jackpot games like slots and video poker. These games feature jackpots within a specific premisis or casino which are connected . This “network” of jackpot machines may comprise of as little as a dozen machines, or it may include a hundred machines—it just depends on the casino. Usually the jackpots available on these games are under $1,000,000.
- Wide Area Network Progressive Jackpots: These are very popular casino games today – enabling huge jackpots via the collection of a % of each credit from a wide area network of jackpot slot machines from multiple casinos in the same state. Jackpots usually reach over $1 million – sometimes even hitting $10 million. Perhaps the most well-known brand of wide area network progressive slots games are the IGT’s Megabucks games.
Unfortunately there is no strategy or system which will increase your chances of hitting a progressive jackpot slot or video-poker machine game. The odds of hitting the jackpot are quite similar to the odds of winning the lottery, but with slots your get more chances to win, as each spin is equivalent to a lottery ticket. One important thing to bear in mind about progressive games is that they don’t become “due” to pay out over time, or the higher the jackpot climbs. The chances of a Jackpot payout on a progressive game are astronomically small.
What are the most popular progressive jackpot games?
- Mega Moolah is an online-only progressive slots jackpot available at online casinos which use Microgaming software.
Mega Moolah has some of the largest jackpots online, often reaching $15+ million. There are a number of games in the Moolah family, sharing the Mega Moolah Jackpot and contributing towards it on every spin. Games include Atlantean Treasures, Absolootly Mad, Fortunium Gold and Juicy Joker.
- With jackpots between $10 million and $100m, Megabucks is one of the most popular progressive networks available. Some have estimated the probability of winning this jackpot at Megabucks is 1 in 50 million. Winners don’t get all of the cash at once though – like many lottery games, Megabucks is paid out as an annuity over 25 years.
- The Wheel of Fortune slot machine is available in multiple denominations. One of the most popular incarnations of the game costs a quarter per spin, and has a starting jackpot of $200,000. The jackpot has reached almost two million dollars on occasion, and usually hits when it’s under $1 million.
- The dollar version of Wheel of Fortune progressive slots starts with a $1 million jackpot, which can reach $5 million+. Like Megabucks, this jackpot is paid out as an annuity over time – not all at once!
- Not just the king of Rock and Roll – Elvis is a classic Vegas icon – so it’s no surprise that there’s a whole progressive slot machine network bearing “the King’s” name. The game begins with a $100,000 jackpot,
and it costs 25 cents per spin. Keep in mind that to be eligible for the jackpot, you have to make the max bet, which is 3 coins, or 75 cents. In some cases progressive slots will not pay out the top jackpot prize amount unless you bet maximum stake. Read the terms & conditions to understand how to trigger the jackpot on all games you play.
Progressive slot machines and video poker games produce some of the larges jackpots in the world. In fact, most of the biggest online jackpots ever were won by people playing progressive jackpots like Microgaming’s Mega Moolah. Unfortunately, progressive jackpot machines don’t get “hot” as they don’t work on a payout-percentage basis. All you can do is cross your fingers (and toes!) and spin the reels.
You should generally always choose a slot or video poker game with a return-to-player (RTP) percentage of 96% or above. This is the best slots strategy to follow to win more frequently since a higher long-term win percentage indicates that you have a better chance to win a spin (and maybe hit a jackpot)
On a regular slot, the jackpot is a fixed, known amount, whereas on a jackpot slot, the jackpot amount increases with each credit spent as you spin the reels on the jackpot game – with a tiny % of each credit being taken by the casino and added to the Jackpot prize-pool. The other key difference is that a progressive jackpot game will have an additional feature / screen which may take the form of a wheel of chance – where you have the opportunity to win one or more progressive jackpot prizes.